10.02.2006

Clothes Captioning

While shopping on Friday night, Amy and I were commenting on this season's return to 80's fashion style. We're in agreement for sure that leggings and shirtdresses are a fright! But also we both think that the "tunic" is a good thing. Ok, maybe not the real tunic, but both being long torso makes us very grateful for longer shirts. After a number of years of having shorter shirts not meet the low rise jeans, we're glad finally not to have to tug shirts to keep the belly covered.

Most of us are probably cringing and groaning at the 80's popularity. But there is one good point I really appreciate about the 80's, and that's the emphasis on feminine clothes. Yeah, a little too romantic for my taste, but I'm glad to see the fashion world encourage women to take pride in their woman-ness.
-------------------------------------
J.Crew has amazing pants. And Fantastic is my new spot remover salvation. I know, Fantastic?

I recently removed a pair of khakis from its hanger only to notice that large, bright blue spots dotted the legs. ARGH! Blue and Khaki should be coordinate not ASSIMILATE! Seeing as I'd missed this stain in transportation from dryer to closet, and they had hung there for a number of weeks, I had my doubts I'd ever wear this pair again. Off to the wash they went drenched in Shout. No luck. Someone told me hairspray would work so I tried that. Still no luck. Then I tried using Fantastic (at Mom's suggestion). Low and behold the blue spot had lightened. Encouraged I tried it again. And again. After at least 15 times through the wash loaded with Fantastic, I am delighted to say that hardly a trace of blue remains! Seriously, I can't believe it myself. If you had seen how stained they were, you'd be a convert too! So my cold-wash only pants went through 15 hot water washes and returned to my closet without a measure of extra wear or shrinkage. You really do get what you pay for... Amazing!

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 02, 2006 7:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon, I feel ya on that. The reformed voice died in the 90's but I do believe it is coming back. I've definitely been praying for that.

You do know most of the Cru Staff at BU are reformed right? I can only think of 1 out of maybe 8 that are not. Anyway, my entire team here at MSU are 5 pointers... its nice.

Good hearing from ya.

Matt

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Yes Shannon it's true, I do still practice. I like the piano. It's just not my passion. You're post was enlightening. Have a good day.

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Fantastic? Huh. I guess I'll have to get some. We're getting a lot more stains on our clothes here in the beautiful land of rain and mud :)

I agree with you on the "you get what you pay for" theory. The problem I have is finding what truly is quality and what is just expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home