9.18.2006

Batteries not included

Mother of Student: Hey, Shannon. I talked to my neighbor the other day.
Me: (thinking)...oh great here it comes.
Her: I told him that my son's piano teacher was adorable.
Me: Ohhh... Did you now?
Her: I told him you weren't into being set up but I asked him what church he went to, just in case. He goes to St. Monica's. [Pause] Would you go out with a Catholic?
Me: Uhh... I'm as staunchly Protestant as they come, I'm really sorry. But thanks for thinking of me anyways... [???]
Her: Don't worry. My mom always told me not to date a Catholic boy and I married one. It makes reconcilation difficult.
Me: [at a loss at what to say next. thinking... and this spells a-w-k-w-a-r-d]
------------------------------------
New Student: I've been kicked out of lesson before.
Me, eyebrows raised: Oh really, have you?
New Student: Yes for not wanting to practice. But I'm really excited about it now.
Me, less confident: Well, I'm not going to kick you out. Don't worry.
New Student: Oh that makes me SO relieved.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy to hear that someone else gets set-up or attempts! If you want a short (5'9") boy, my co-wrkr is pushing her two sons. One is a Lawyer and the other is an Architect (both Protestant)!!! ;-) h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home