9.03.2006

An Untitled Summary of Musings

On True Beauty
"For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation." Psalm 149:4
A recent reading of this verse left me pondering how salvation can make one beautiful. Have you ever known that person who was outward appearance you hardly noticed but it was the spirit they possessed that attracted you? Ever seen the person who was beautifully shaped but carried and conducted themselves in such an ugly manner that they were completely unattractive? The more I interact in the world the more I realize that it truly is salvation which makes us beautiful. It's through salvation the Holy Spirit works his fruit of joy, love, patience, kindness, etc. These are the only beauty products we need to dress for our day.

On Working
To the person who says religion is private and personal I say hogwash! No matter what you believe, beliefs shape your world and direct every action, interaction, and communication you have within it. My belief of work ethic shapes the way I conduct myself in the work place. My inward santification affects the outward displays of kindness or patience I [may or may not] demonstrate. To illustrate: I was working last night with this woman who told me while she was attempting productivity, "I'm just not cut out for working class work!" Her belief that she was better than the work she was getting paid to do led her to be lazy and negligent. Trying not to get frustrated with her and focusing rather on the application of my belief of excellent work, I ignored the comment and walked past.

On Excellent Work
I've really enjoyed what Michael has preached about in his recent sermons. Tonight he preached on the wedding at Cana. It impressed me how Christ, not needing to perform a miracle, demonstrated not only kindness in doing it, but did it well. He did excellent work. Convicting when often getting a job accomplished seems good enough by itself, let alone make it excellent.

On Labor Day
I'm sensing a timely theme in these musings... A day of rest to celebrate work before returning to a new week, inspired to work beautifully and excellently before the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home