9.02.2006

It's Saturday! And it's September! And it's Sunny!

Popcorn. Cute Kids. Baseball hats. Good Friends. Indians who win. Lots o' Laughs. Mascots. Wonderful Westside people.

...The makings of a great evening!
----------------------------------
I woke up this morning and thought, "You know, I'm going to make some bread." I know... who does that? When I lived in Switzerland, Andree would make la tresse every Saturday morning for Sunday breakfast. And after five years, I decided today that I was going to try it too. La Tresse is basically [Protestant] challah bread and apparently a tradition everywhere. The braid is rising, so we'll see how it turns out. My first time to work with yeast.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:12:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

I love making bread! I haven't tried the braided kind, let us know how it turns out!

 
At Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Shannon Koons said...

The bread got a two thumbs up... well except I started out with four strands and ended up with three. After patting myself on the back, I realized I forgot to include one and it was sitting there rejected underneath the others. Those step by step pictures just didn't make sense!

 
At Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Alaina said...

Glad to hear it turned out well! Poor little left out strand. :) You'll have to post the recipe or at least send it to me, I'd love to try it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home