8.29.2006

I'm "it" now.

Josh tagged me to do this book thing. Very useful for a post when I have nothing else to say. And you know I always like to talk about books. So here it goes...

1. One book that changed your life: Affliction by Edith Schaeffer.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: I'd rather be on a DESSERT island, but in any case... Using Your Imagination: The Handy Dandy Guide to Finding Water in Unlikely Places, or Don't Break His Back! How to Motivate A Camel

4. One book that made you laugh: Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl. It's hilarious! The Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne.

5. One book that made you cry: This list could actually be the longest, surprisingly. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson, My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee... my college math textbook...

6. One book that you wish HAD been written: How to Succeed in Grad School Without Really Trying

7. One book that you wish had NEVER been written: Origin of Species by Charles Darwin, Nickle and Dimed by Some Crackhead

8. One book you’re currently reading: Psychobabble by Rich Ganz, In My Mother's House by Margaret McMullan

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, Voicing Creation's Praise: Towards A Theology of the Arts by Jeremy Begbie, and The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

10. Now tag 5 people: Amy, Jennifer, Megan, Stacey, Sarah

Oops. It did say "one book"...

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Alaina said...

Love to see the books you are reading...I've heard the Kite Runner is great! You'll have to check out my answers (& Andrew's if you like). Hopefully we can get Jen to write...I tagged her too! :) See ya later!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Kite Runner is a really wonderful book. I reviewed it a while back on my blog. Excellent, you'll like it.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Josh Gillespie said...

Hey, should you ever find a copy of "How to Succeed in Grad School Without Really Trying" (b/c I really want to believe it's written and out there) could you pass it along? I won't need it for at least a year though! :)

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

I've seen the tag... and I'll to it before too long, I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home