8.02.2006

Sisterly Goodness

Yeah for over 24 hours of pure sister time!

Yeah for random overnight trips to Ohio!

Yeah for outlet malls!

Megs and I went this week to Ohio to do some shopping, some junk food eating, and some serious girl time. Loads of fun and oh what a loaded car. I'm pretty sure the weight of the purchases meant less gas mileage on the way back home. The best and biggest event was the new Williams-Sonoma outlet and the Providence surrounding 10% plus 40% discount off Kitchen-Aid mixers. Major excitement.

Can I just take a moment to say that my sister and I are pretty much the hottest ticket around? (Ok, Meg's taken, so that leaves lonely me but who's counting...) Anyways. We have taken the traditional "hope chest" to an entirely new level. While many other college girls made their cash by waiting tables and working at J.Crew where today's fashion is tomorrow's old news... we were slaving away at a kitchen store, securing our hypothetical families' nutritional future. Basically if you're male, single/eligible, and with a hearty appetite, look no further! We are the model modern woman (we have our degrees AND a Kitchen Aid). The relationship waiting list should be miles long! Ha ha. Megan and I were wondering what we've got left for people to buy us as hypothetical wedding presents. :) Seriously though, I'm extremely grateful for my job and years down the road when I'm making dozens of cookies for the church potluck, I'll still be thankful.

Other news... In honor of my car's pock marked appearance, Megan cherry-coca-cola-christened it "Zitty." Actually her full name is Zut Zitty, but we just call her Zitty.
---------------------------------------------------------
Megan, this one's for you.

Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters,
Never had to have a chaperone, no sir,
I'm there to keep my eye on her
Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress, and I stayed home
All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun
Two different faces, but in tight places
We think and we act as one
Those who've seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us
Many men have tried to split us up, but no one can
Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home