7.26.2006

Dwee Do Bop Ba Dee Ba Di Dop

Last night was the best family excursion ever! Since Meg's boy Kc is here for the week, we celebrated with an evening on the town. We had dinner at Yat's (yummy fast food Cajun) and desserts at The Jazz Kitchen. I haven't had so much fun in ages. I had a great almond pear dessert, got to see my friends play in the Midcoast Swing Orchestra, and even danced with Kc.

I love watching jazz musicians play. No other musicians are as supportive and encouraging of other talents. No egos, just music, please. I love seeing how excited they get by someone else's solo and improv. Love jazz. Love it. The best part was when Everett Green stopped by the Kitchen and got pulled on stage to sing. He starts this random minor bluesish tune that no one else knew and you could tell the musicians were trying their best to come in at an appropriate time. Watching them completely improv the entire thing was incredible. It makes me smile. My favorites to watch and hear are the string bass (flying fingers!), when a trumpeter uses a mute, and the brushes on the drumset. Sweet.

There really couldn't be anything better than spending a relaxing evening with friends and family, listening to fantastic music and people watching. Lots of laughs. Lots of good times.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love Yat's and I love Jazz Kitchen and I love dancing. Sounded like the perfect night

 

Post a Comment

<< Home