4.16.2006

Fire and brimstone

I love having seasons. Four of them. You can count them on one hand and they usually occur right on time. Indiana is obnoxiously humid but it has a fantastic sky. A sky that is volatile and dangerous. I love the sky.

But Friday I didn't love the gifts that the sky left us. Who was on campus at the very moment enormous hail was dumped by the buckets? Oh right. Me. Whose brand new car now has huge dents ALL over it, little reminders of the sky's goodness? Oh that's right. Mine!

Bah. But inspite, I still want to see a funnel cloud someday. Well, from far away that is. The closest I've ever gotten to one was a downburst near our house in Danville. It blew in a couple of windows and scattered our trampoline to smitherines all across the yard. Wait, that actually was a very scary moment in my life. Maybe no to the funnel cloud, but bring on spring.

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 17, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon, Uncle Mike said if he were younger he would like to be a "storm chaser"! I'm kind of glad he has realized this at 52 instead of 22. He has seen the movie "Twister" a gazillion times and loves it each and every time. Sorry about your car. :-) Aunt K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home