1.03.2006

interacting

I need to loosen up. Take life less seriously. Problem: I don't know how and I have low patience/tolerence level of stupidity which often prevents any loosening. I don't flirt well, actually I think I have an incurable inability to flirt period. I'm told I'm cold and calloused and that I scare men away because I'm intimidating. I think to myself, "I should try to change that..."

And then something like today happens and my resolve dissipates.

A customer comes in today who is good-looking, attractive, tall, etc., and so I gladly help him pick out some cookware. After a few minutes of conversation (and attempted flirting on his part) he asks, "Did you have a rough night last night, cuz you look a little hung-over." What! I'm shocked. I know he's trying to be cute, flirtatious and very strangely hitting on me, but not even an intoxicated girl wants to be told she looks terrible. Even if it's said by a guy trying desperately to flirt with you. "I don't get hung-over," I say and walk away. Seriously...

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Lol...
I so can see you doing that.

Sorry I haven't called you yet, I was gone and I didn't see you on Sunday. I would love to start getting together with you, and I don't care at all what we do! :) talk to you soon!

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2006 7:10:00 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Yeah, I actually have the same problem a lot of times. I think I have loosened up A LOT (actually I know I have) over the years ... but I still have a long way to go. :) I was never good at flirting either, and always scared the guys off too. I always left the flirting to my sister Betsy ('cuz she was a class-A pro at it) and figured that if I scared the guys off they didn't deserve me anyway. I'm glad I waited around for a guy who wasn't scared of me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home