12.14.2005

la vie est belle ... quand il y a de la neige

Yes there is snow falling in Indianapolis right now and it makes me so happy. I could watch it all day - if only I had the time. After last week's snowfall the roomies, Colin and I romped in the snow in the apartment courtyard. I think we scared a few of our neighbors. If I had a digital camera or the time to scan pics in, or even if I knew how to post pics on my blog, I'd share our silliness with you. But I don't have/know any of the above. Oh well.
-----------------------------
After tomorrow I am finished with my first semester of grad school. I can't wait - I am very ready for the torture to come to an end. Working full-time over Christmas for Williams-S will be a piece of cake - even with the scheduling/managing/annoying customers. It's definitely been a learning experience this past semester - lots of change. But hopefully, I'm coming out the stronger woman for it. Among my learning experiences I might include:
1) I'm a much cleaner person than I ever imagined and can be pickier than my mother. So maybe I am a Spiehler at heart... without the drama
2) Fun books are so much more tempting to read when you don't have as many classes.
3) Skipping class is not an option for teaching grad students. And if you accidently oversleep, you're the toast you didn't get to eat for breakfast.
4) I need to stop buying so much Ann Taylor. My students were shocked when they figured out I was only 23.
5) No matter what stage you are in life, there will always be stresses and responsibilities - the problem is trying to figure out how to deal with them.
----------------------------
I must get ready and go fail my playing jury. Bah humbug. At least my finger callouses are returning after all this practicing.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're going to be totally toast when the aunts get wind of your editorializing

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! It couldn't be that bad, could it? I hope your jury went better than you expected--mine sure did! I'm sooo ready for break too!

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Spiehler women and drama... perish the thought.

and

2) I am only 23 and love Ann Taylor for teaching clothes!!

~Emily

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Blogland! Love, Aunt B

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. R said...

Kathryn is 16 and she loves Ann Taylor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home