1.23.2006

Updating

So I haven't kept up that resolve to update more often. In my defense, internet access is much more convenient when I'm at home. The cord plugs in and bam, you're online. At the apartment, however, it's a different story. Since I don't exactly have the right to access unsecured wireless networks (even though my computer friends say it's perfectly legal), the hotspots are far away and the signal is very weak. So weak that my wireless card refuses to accept it and goes completely bezerk. Very perturbing, let me assure you. I have officialy given up on my wireless card and its senile approach to the internet, so my online time is restricted to BU computer labs. Hence, my low levels of blogging activity.
-----------------------
School has begun once again. One semster down, three more to go. Over Christmas break, "they" decided to completely reschedule the graduate classes. We're not talking little changes. We're talking changing days and big time differences. Not a good thing to find out the first day of classes after you had already schedule private students, etc. according to plan A. After much headache, it's on its way toward resolution, and fortunately that means dropping a class. Yes, Tonal Analysis was replaced with an undetermined independent study. I'm happier about that because I definitely have a better chance of succeeding in a class where I decide what to study, rather than a class that was fated to be completely over my head. Really... the theory of theory? Who cares.
-----------------------
Life at the apartment. Clogged bathtub? Check. Leak to downstairs neighbor? Check. An annoyed Shannon? Check. But the good news is that I've finally convinced my roommates of the psychological and social benefits of decorating the living room. Translation: Better furniture arrangement, colors, pictures, etc. means better conversation, more parties... and no more ugly means no more sad Shannon.
-----------------------
Other randomness: 1) I stole this from Amy's blog, because it's the cutest picture of Daddy and girl. Just had to share it. 2) If anyone knows how to add links to blogger, send me the tips because I haven't been able to figure it out.

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 23, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Well at least you only have a leak to your downstairs neighbor. I always had really LOUD neighbors in apartment situations. In one apartment after college, my upstairs neighbors set up a terrific sound system connected to their TV. It was directly over my bed. So when I was trying to sleep, I had the added bonus of getting to figure out which movie they were watching. They liked action flicks, with lots of screeching car tires and shattering glass. It was awesome. For them.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Well, the nice thing about having plumbing problems in an apartment is you can always call the landlord and make THEM deal with it. :) But it's still a pain, nonetheless.

 
At Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:02:00 PM, Blogger Shannon Koons said...

Having someone at your disposal to fix all the problems is certainly a perk to apartment living. Kinda like having a husband except you don't have to feed him. Haha :). I don't feel too badly about the leak because I consider it payback for her yappy dog and cigarette smoke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home