1.10.2006

Life is in the details

I made my mom watch The Bachelor tonight. She fought with all her might, but then as she listened she realized it was very useful for a good laugh. She succombed to the pressure and dare I say she might have enjoyed herself? :) I hate these shows - waste of air time, but yet I enjoy them for purely selfish reasons: They give me an ego boost. After watching 25 vain girls flit around I feel so much better about myself. I feel more confident in my femininity and intelligence. Maybe shrinks should start using them for low self-esteem therapy.
-------------------------------
Half Price Books is one of my small pleasures in life. You never know what you might find. One day it might be a fabulous cookbook you've been waiting for or, like today, it might be something completely not on your list, but you just couldn't resist. I went in looking for some Schaeffer but came away with: C.S. Lewis's Miracles, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (because it was $1), and Stepmom. Apparently no one was getting rid of Schaeffer today... but the joy is, there's always next time!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey there Shannon!!!

How's it going??? How is school?

Anyhoo....I enjoy your blog entries....funny stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home