6.07.2006

Quotidian Notation...

SOUPS for ALL
I'm really super excited. An immersion blender has been on my wish list for ages and I found one today! A friend and I had lunch up at Clay Terrace and while we were browsing the shops I came across one on clearance. Discounted because it's missing a part, but who needs the add-on processor bowl anyway? What's an immersion blender, you ask? It's a cutter-upper on a stick and you put it in a pot to blend creamy soups, especially. Anyone who has tried the pot-to-blender-and-back-again would appreciate this no mess approach. Yummy! I can already taste pumpkin soup for fall.
-----------------------------------
Head over Heels
Meredith is officially my favorite person in the world right now. (Apologies to whomever she bumped out of first place.) We were playing this morning before her morning nap. She didn't fuss at all, but she was so tired and she desperately wanted to keep playing. She'd collapse and fall all over her toys, lay her head down, then try again. Twas a fine line between precious and hilarious. Finally she gave up and went to bed. Awwww.
-----------------------------------
Random Thought
Where does one draw the line between using art to express feeling or emotion, and turning to art to fill an introspective need instead of meditating on scripture? Do we turn to poetic song lyrics to "speak to the soul" more often than a scripture verse to let God speak to our soul? How much is too much?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Awesome that you got a good deal on an immersion blender! If you ever see another one on a good sale, let me know because I've been thinking of getting one too!

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case any of my immediate family members read this blog...please DO NOT buy me an immersion blender for any upcoming birthday etc. b/c frankly I have never heard of such a device and therefore probably will not be needing one in the near future...of course if the need arises I can always borrow Shannon's :-) Aunt K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home