5.28.2006

The Y Factor

I love boys. I just spent the evening watching a movie with 5 of my favorite ones (Bro. & Co.). No matter how old they get they still make stupid jokes and giggle. And it makes me laugh. And I learned tonight that they talk a ton during movies. The wouldn't-shut-up-at-crucial-moments-in-the-thickening-plot kind of talking. Being the only girl among five eternal adolescents, there were some interesting and humorous conversations. Oh good times.
------------------------------
I don't love creepy old men who stalk me.

******
Tom (manager on duty): Can I help you, sir?
Creepy Old Man, completely serious: No, I only do business with tall, good-looking redheads.

Awkward Pause.

Tom, mirroring my strange look: Umm, Okay.
******

When moments like this arise in my presence, finding the correct response is faithfully evasive. I could be a) rude or b) flirtatious. Since neither of these seem like a good option, I create plan C. Smile fakely, answer sweetly, and focus on no eye contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home