5.15.2006

Spell it right, please

I really can't stand it when people use spelling shortcuts in advertising. I don't know if they're trying to be cute or simply oblivious. Like Nu instead of New. Kute instead of Cute, or like Kuts for Kids. Also annoying is when people think if they tag on a foreign word it immediately jumps the quality of their product up a notch. When Stacey and I were at the designer's show house recently, even they had named a couple of rooms in French to make you think it was more glamorous. Only problem is that they couldn't get the grammar right. Le belle chambre rouge. Le chambre et bain des invitees. Argh.

2 Comments:

At Monday, May 15, 2006 4:05:00 PM, Blogger Josh Gillespie said...

I'm with you. I can't stand it. Instant Messenger has messed things up too. I can't stand phrases pared down to just a few letters. How lazy our society has become!!

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to sound really un-edumercateted or nothin' concerning that French language thing...but what does that there phrase mean? - CJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home