5.05.2006

my kind of perfect night

An evening of errands ended at Borders. Très Typical. I bought Pete Yorn's Musicforthemorningafter because I needed something new to listen to and because Josh Gillespie said it was good. It is. The earthy and acoustic quality makes it feel vulnerable to me. Suits my mood; I like it. I like the random instrumentation like organ, harmonica, and electronic noises. Maybe because it makes the music so unpredictable. I also bought The History of Love because it somehow landed itself on my "to read" list. I walked past it and it was 20% off; I couldn't resist. Sat in the cafe over a cup of Seattle's Best and read a third of it. I drove all the way home in the right lane going 60. I don't know why. Not typical.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Sounds like a delightful evening. So, you recommend that CD? I'm always on the lookout for good music.

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Josh Gillespie said...

Wow! Someone actually bought a cd I recommended. Very cool! I'm glad you enjoy it. I don't know if the follow-up is as good, but "Music" is just a great cd from start to finish.

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. R said...

Kathryn and I were at Starbucks tonight and there was a girl sitting there and reading this book. . .

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. R said...

Kathryn and I were at Starbucks tonight and there was a girl sitting there and reading this book. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home