4.22.2006

Good Movie


{Proof}

Great character study on the dangers of genius, family obligations, and the need for one's life to matter.

Mom and I watched it last night instead of going to the Sweet Jazz concert (bad, bad alumna!). So engaging. Originally for stage then adapted for screen, Gwyneth Paltrow played both roles. The stiffness of the stage is apparent, but the acting is really excellent. Anthony Hopkins is Paltrow's brilliant, but insane mathematician father. The emotional content is captivating and authentic.

I highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz and I just watched "Proof" this weekend! We really enjoyed it. Definitely a movie to recommend.

Hope your week is going well.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 1:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not seen the movie, but I keep seeing one scene from it over and over again in acting class each week. The scene after the father dies where the older sister confronts the younger one about what happenned with the police the night before.

Hey I've been meaning to ask you about teaching at Butler Community Arts School, cause I'll probably be doing that next year, and I have a few questions. Maybe I'll catch you later this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home