5.24.2006

Who I don't want to be

One of those older women who have nothing to live for except their own comforts. They go shopping every single day, needing nothing, but wanting something to excite them. I had lots of people-watching time today at the store and this was my resolution. When I'm old I want to be gracious and graceful. I want to enjoy life, but I hope I have something more to live for than material things. And I want to grow old gracefully. Some women you see still try to wear clothes that are too young or hairstyles that looked ridiculous even ten years ago. But then you see some who are beautiful with their gray hair and appropriate clothes. I want to always remain feminine, never compromising my womanly priviledge to be beautiful, but I want to always maintain a bigger picture. I hope I can still minister and serve even when I've run out of energy. I think that as some people grow old their world grows smaller and smaller. But as life progresses I hope mine only grows larger. I hope I can have a better understanding of how God works in life and what my place is in his world, no matter my age.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:09:00 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Good thoughts. I hope I'm that way too. Except I'm still not sure about grey hair. :) Maybe I'll compromise with grey interspersed with blonde highlights ... I don't know.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. R said...

Well said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home