6.05.2006

Feeling Mellow

...A drive through the country. Night time. Windows down. Breeze. Fields full of fireflies. Smelling the honeysuckle. Lost in thoughts and melody...

Looking for something I've never seen
Alone and I'm in between
The place that I'm from and the place that I'm in
A city I never been
I found a friend or should I say a foe
Said there's a few things you should know
We don't want you to see we come and we go
Here today, gone tomorrow

We're only taking turns
Holding this world
It's how it's always been
When you're older you will understand

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you write that? It seems to describe a lot of people's situations.

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Shannon Koons said...

Dad: They're lyrics to a song called "Trust Me."

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon, You make me smile :-) Aunt K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home