6.14.2006

Quick thoughts...

...because I'm short on time.

...Last night I went to see The DaVinci Code with some members of the Westside church and we ended at our house for a discussion. I hadn't read the book before and now I'm sorry I didn't because after viewing the film, I think it pretty unlikely that I would now. I'm glad I saw it for the purposes of cultural education but it was much worse than I was expecting. I was completely unprepared for the blatant blasphemy and the feminist themes. It was a success though to watch a movie in a group with discussion following. I hope we do more of that. It was especially good to hear Michael's take on it. Artistically, the movie flunked! Audrey Tautou, who in all her other films is outstanding, was very disappointing here. As was the directing, music, Tom Hanks, etc, etc. Hopefully the absurdity of the film will negate any influence it might have had.

...The family celebrated Colin's successful completion of his LSAT on Monday by having dinner at Rick's Boatyard. I ate half a duck. No joke. It's still quacking in my stomach.

...Today at work, I told one of my favs how wonderful I thought she was. She goes, "Everyone deserves to have a Shannon in their life." I thought that was so sweet and it completely made my day.

...Oh yeah. And my mom backed into my car. Much amusement all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home