4.01.2008

Call Me Crazy









If planning a wedding isn't challenge enough, try adding making your own desserts and wedding cake! I love to bake and one of the things I really wanted to do for my wedding was to do my own baking. It was partly to save costs, but mostly because I am stubborn and I just wanted to do it myself. Saturday is the baking deadline so guess what's keeping me busy this week? One of the desserts is strawberry tartlets, the progresson of which is pictured. Unfortunately, the tarts lack the final flourish of mascarpone, cream cheese and strawberries. Yum! Today's unphotographed accomplishment was carrot cake and one enourmous mess in the kitchen.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Oh wow!! I'm so sorry I can't come :(. I wish I could.

I'm very impressed!! Good thing your mono is gone, eh?

 
At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Heather L. said...

I love all the pictures -- they're so pretty! Sorry about all the work :( i'm sure the finished products are going to be incredible, and memorable for everyone there!

 
At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing, girl....G Ma

 
At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 5:41:00 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Mmm ... I can already taste them. :)

 
At Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Crazy! And awesome! Way to go. I wish I could be there to sample your homemade delights...

 
At Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Shannon...You are amazing!!! I can't wait to see you and try your beautiful desserts. I am praying for you and send my love.

 
At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Yay!! Now I get to come and try your desserts :). I can't wait to see the cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home