6.19.2006

Piano Camp

This week I'm teaching at Butler's piano camp. It's quite the hothouse for emerging young divas. Oh wait, actually that was the ICC Choral Festival last week... sorry.

This is my third piano camp to work. They're really fun because now some of the elementary kids are moving up to the junior high/highschool age. I've gotten to know some of them and interaction is always fun.

I made history books last year for getting a speeding ticket while transporting young pianists to and from downtown for a performance. Apparently no one forgot...

"Aren't you the one who got the speeding ticket last year?"
"Uhh, yeah. That'd be me."
"What'd you do about it?"
"Umm, paid it like a good normal citizen."
"Wasn't it like $400?"
"$400!?! Are you crazy?"
"I went home and told all my friends about it."

Great. I always wanted to be popular but getting there via reckless driving through construction zones wasn't the prefered route. Being infamous is better than nothing, I guess.

So this week is a full one. Camp is occupying my day 9a-9p. But it's a fun experience and something I really enjoy.

Oh. And a 15 year old is trying desperately hard to flirt with me. Ah, young egos.

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 11:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least he wasn't 51

 

Post a Comment

<< Home