5.31.2004

A Memorable Memorial Day

Today was a great day. It started off not so good when I woke up at 9:15, and didn't realize that the car was leaving at 9:30. We met up with the rest of the Spiehler family at Brown County for a picnic lunch and sporty afternoon. We had a fabulous time, laughing at stupid things... like normal.

The cousin croquet competition was highly amusing. Especially when Emily goes, "I can't believe I've never played this game. It is very entertaining!" I really stink at croquet by the way. (And sorry, Aaron for hitting your foot with the croquet mallet. That wasn't supposed to happen.)

Hiking through the mud around Ogle Lake and treking over fallen trees (from last night's storm) was also entertaining. And when Brandon screamed on the top of his lungs, "Yeah! I found a snake!!!" I turned to Megan and said "And THIS is why we never saw alligators in Florida!"

A pleasureable end was fitting. We shopped at the Edinburgh outlets for a short while. Just long enough for me to find some great linen capris and fabulous red shoes. :) Then Dad, Mom, Meg, Me, Matt, Wade and Emily dined on pasta and tiramisu. Yum!

But, inspite of all the wonderful things that happened today, the real entertainment centered on the cicadas (and snake). This is how the day really went:

Someone: Can you believe that noise?

Colin: creeping up on Aaron with a cicada.
Aaron: Don't touch me with that thing. Get it off me! GET IT OFF ME!!!!!!!!

Someone: Did you know they'll all be gone by the end of this weekend?

Uncle Mike put a cicada down Brandon's shirt.
The girls, watching from a distance: Why do all the guys keep going up and putting their ear to Brandon's back?

Someone: AHHHHHHH! A cicada jumped on me!

Boy poking girl with cicada: BOO!
Girl: AHHHHHHHHHH!

Someone: I really wish those things would shut up.

Aaron: I'm gonna kill it. I'm gonna kill all of them.

Wade: tossing a cicada on Megan.
Megan: *jump* AHHHHHHHHH!

Someone: AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHH!

Aaron, while hiking pokes Aunt Kathy with a stick.
Aaron: MOM! IT's A SNAKE!!!
Aunt Kathy: A Snake? AHHHHHHHHH!
All: HA HA HA!
Aunt Kathy: Oh my heart.



*sigh* I love my crazy family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home