9.21.2003

Make me full of grace

"Teach thou us to count our days,
and set our hearts on wisdom's ways,
How long oh Lord, return, repent
and toward thy servant now relent.
Each morning fill us with thy grace
we'll sing for joy through all our days."
- Psalm 90:12-13

This morning, Megan and I woke up late for Sunday school. After walking into church 20 minutes late, we walked right back out and headed for McDonald's for breakfast at the Art Museum gardens. We had a nice sister bonding moment.
----------
There was a pitch-in dinner after church. I had the great luck of sitting with Megan Stuart and Jimmy Glasheen. Ahhh... how some things never change. I love Jimmy, he's a great kid, and he just makes me laugh. He told some really stupid joke which he thought Megan didn't get. But Megan, she's a good gal, and she's smart, hilariously so. She responds to Jimmy's "Megan, it's a joke" with "I know, but it's not pratical!!" Gotta love those kids!
----------
Girls are strange but wonderful creatures. We know we're guilty in the overanalysing crime, but still we do it. Is it a trap we fall in to, or is it just the way we get through life? Whatever it's called, it leads to some great moments. Friends are friends because that's what we're there for and if it takes sharing tears, so much more precious is the friendship.
----------
God must be teaching me something about His grace in me. I like a definition I once heard of grace versus mercy. Grace is getting what you don't deserve and mercy is not getting what you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home