6.25.2007

Starting to Understand

Those who say that teaching impacts students also say that students impact their teachers. I always thought that statement meant that students impact teachers in some emotional, teary-eyed manner. This is true, but for teachers, students' impact is two-dimensional. I've never understood until today how students can impact you as simply teacher.

I had to say goodbye to the student, who, through his natural talent and honest eight-year-old insight, has completely changed who I am as a teacher. Without him, my graduate thesis would mean nothing - in fact, it wouldn't have even been started because his musicality was the inspiration. I wish I could tell him "thank you" for giving me the opportunity to become a better teacher. I never knew that one student could open your own eyes to learning something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home