1.23.2007

On Inheritance

Today's observation...
There remained among the people of Israel seven tribes whose inheritance had not yet been apportioned. So Joshua said to the people of Israel, "How long will you put off going in to take possession of the land, which the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you? Joshua 18:2-3
I've been thinking a lot lately about how to live in the moment. I loved these verses because they spoke to me of the need to live now! and take advantage of the gifts God has given us now! Why delay goodness?

The chapter goes on to describe in great detail the process of the Israelites in acquiring their inheritance and it was obvious to me how much God cares and really does want His children to receive good things. So why do I wish for the "if onlys" of God's goodness when it's right in front of me? Our inheritance is here and now, let's possess it!

What is our inheritance? Psalm 16: 5-8 tells us,
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

Beatuiful Shannon! I have put a good deal of thought into this as well. It was the basis for the name of my blog and one of my favorite sermons is one James did on that passage.
I'm praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home