2.27.2005

Weekend à la culture!

Indeed, it has been a culture filled weekend. My mind is overflowing with enlightenment.

Friday - Colin, Shannon Crow, and I went to the ISO to hear Janos Starker, an old, decrepit cellist. It was amazing to watch him play - he could hardly walk on stage. I hope when I'm that old I can still play the piano. Anyways, it was also a night of random meetings. As soon as we sat down, some grade school friends came up to say hello - hadn't seen them in quite awhile. After the peformance as we were talking to yet a second group of long-time-no-sees, I ran into Greg Snapper who I hadn't seen since last spring semester. It was all rather odd to say the least. Rounded out the night with coffee from South Bend Chocolate Co.

Saturday - After studying very hard for midterms, I met Colin and his friend Christy at the IRT to see Grapes of Wrath. Which was a fabulous production by the way. Christy and I sat on the very far right corner with our feet almost touching the stage. Created interesting viewing positions. Colin on the other hand sat dead center, upper mez. Uggh. Then we went home and watched a French film Jean de Florette with Gerard Depardieu and I Heart Huckabees.

Sunday - Other than going to church, the only cultural thing I've done so far is watch another French film, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not with Audrey Tautou. Fantastic movie- I need to watch it again. It reminded me in some ways of Sliding Doors. Now I'm off to be productive in the studying realm.

Weekend lesson: Having a student ID pays! :)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Yay - you finally watched He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not! I knew you'd like it. Isn't it great? My mom even liked it (and she's not really into movies).

I'll pray that your midterms go well and you'll be calm and prepared. I'm sure you'll do well. (But whenever people told ME that, when I was in school, I'd be like 'How on earth do you know?')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home